Download and install the WAS UpdateInstaller software
1. Downlowad the update installer from below url.
NOTE: Have downloaded “220.127.116.11-WS-UPDI-WinIA32.zip” which is latest update installer.
2. Extract and click on the “install.exe”
3. It will ask location to install the updateinstaller, give path like
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\updi
/WAS Installed Location/updateInstaller
NOTE: Tried to give installation directory name as “C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\runtimes\ base_v7\UpdateInstaller”, but as path is too long I had to give
directory name as “updi”
Download and install the WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack
1. Download WAS fixpack version 18.104.22.168 (min WAS Fix required for WCS7 FEP8)
2. Place the 7.0.0-WS-WAS-WinX32-FP0000029.pak under following directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\updi\maintenance
NOTE: “C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7” is my local WAS server location.
3. Click on the “update.exe” from the “C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\updi” directory
4. Select the WAS production location
5. Select “install maintenance” option
6. It will ask for the fix pack location point to “C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\updi\maintenance”
7. Click Next (by default it selects fixpack location)
8. Confirm and click next and “finish” after installation.