As part of testing spring portlet application locally, I had to install MySQL in my local workstation and captured the following details while installation.
1. Download MySQL community server for your operating system ( these screens are captured based on Windows 7 64-bit )
2. Click on “download” to download “mysql-installer-community-22.214.171.124” (this version is when I downloaded)
3. Once download is finished , Run installer.
4. Choose installation type “Full”
It asked me to install the Visual Studio 2010 tools for office runtime.
5. I have chosen “Development Machine” option and default TCP/IP enabled
6. Specify the MySQL Root password
7. And I have added admin user (in addition to root, this step is not mandatory)
8. Select to “run as the windows service”
9. Specify log file location