With the search seedlist 1.0 support, custom metadata fields specified on content items are added to the search seedlist as metadata information, without requiring the metadata to appear in the HTML source for the content items.
- Log in to the WebSphere® Application Server administrative console.
- Click ResourcesResource Environment Resource Environment Providers.
- Click WP ConfigService.
- Under Additional Properties, click Custom Properties.
- Click New, and enter the property name wcm.config.seedlist.metakeys , and set the string value to a comma-delimited list of your own metadata (for example, <metakey1, metakey2>).
Add the names of the text element from your content that should be included in the search results to the wcm.config.seedlist.metakeys property. If you want to add more than one text element, separate them with commas. The name of the text element on your content item that should be included in the search seedlist must match the name configured for this configuration key.
For example, set wcm.config.seedlist.metakeys=language,region in the WP ConfigService resource environment provider, and add a IBM® Lotus Web Content Management text component as an element with the name language to a content item or authoring template. In your content item you can enter the value german into the text component for the language. After saving the content item, the search crawler will add the value german into a metadata field called language within the search seedlist. Then you can filter the search results based on your metadata information.
- Click OK, and save the changes to the master configuration.
- Restart the portal.